Our HSSD staff challenge for the month of December is to:
Track the number of days in December you
take 10 minutes for yourself.
Spend the 10 minutes doing whatever YOU want to do;
relaxing, meditating, or just getting some silence.
You don’t need to turn anything in,
just simply make the commitment to focus on
10 minutes of “ME” time.
**Tracking your time on your calendar will help you become
more aware of your “ME” time**
After all, YOU deserve it!
Click for more details and list of activities
Wellness Challenge Is Here!
Eight Week Team Competition
(4 people per team)
October 5 - November 29
Registration due October 3rd
Keep Track of Your Weekly Physical Activity
Click for more information
10 Reasons to Be Active
1. It’s fun!
2. Exercising relieves stress and lowers your chance of becoming depressed.
3. Regular physical activity increases your chances of living a longer,
4. Improve your sleep.
5. Control your blood pressure, blood sugar, and weight.
6. Prevent heart disease, colorectal and breast cancer, and type 2 diabetes.
7. Help you look your best.
8. Make your bones, muscles, and joints stronger.
9. Help you feel better about yourself.
10. Lower your “bad” cholesterol and raise your “good” cholesterol.
Walking- Why it's the 8th Wonder of the world
2. You can do it at any age.
3. It's inexpensive and easy.
4. It comes naturally, and you can do it in connection with other activities.
5. It's a safe, low -impact workout, even for people with arthritis.
6. Walking briskly for one mile in 15 minutes burns around the same number of calories as jogging for 8.5 minutes.
7. It often becomes a stepping stone to other forms of physical activity.
8. It's the most popular physical activity in the United States.
Health Benefits of Exercise and Physical Activity:
- Reduce the risk of premature death
- Reduce the risk of developing and/or dying from heart disease
- Reduce high blood pressure or the risk of developing high blood pressure
- Reduce high cholesterol or the risk of developing high cholesterol
- Reduce the risk of developing colon cancer and breast cancer
- Reduce the risk of developing diabetes
- Reduce or maintain body weight or body fat
- Build and maintain healthy muscles, bones, and joints
- Reduce depression and anxiety
- Improve psychological well-being
- Enhanced work, recreation, and sport performance
Health and Nutrition
7 steps to prevent heart disease
3 Foods for Healthy Gums Heart
Best of the Web Home Cooking
Keep the Beat Heart Healthy Recipes
from the National Heart, Lung and
Step Up to Nutrition and Health
What's Your RealAge?
Are you biologically younger, older,
or the same as your calendar age?
Is Sugar bad for your Heart?